Friday, February 23, 2007

Is it Friday Already?

I feel like a walking jigsaw puzzle these days. There is so much going on in my head this week, I don't even know where to start. I was going to tell you guys about my fabulous experience trying to buy a car this week. (gah!)






Then I thought I'd write about my psychology professor and his creepy misogynistic lecture examples. ("Little Mary makes the bed and her mommy gives her an M&M.")



I read a news story about the Olympic women's ski jumpers who I wrote about a year ago. They're trying to get the Canadian officials to let them jump in competition and maybe get those fools at the winter Olympics to let the women compete too. They say that it is not appropriate for ladies to jump. Their concern is actually the landing part, which they say will damage our bones and reproductive systems. Yet, women can run marathons and participate in figure skating. Go figure.


I saw the new Dove ad at their website and had all kinds of thoughts about that one.



Somehow Tuesday turned into Friday and I hadn't posted a thing. Maybe it was all the classes, work assignments, auto loan applications and that exhilarating episode of Grey's Anatomy last night, but I haven't written a thing.

Sorry.


We'll try again next week, 'kay

Here's a random picture of The Cat That Ate Cleveland for your viewing enjoyment.

4 comments:

S said...

Really? New Wheels? Congrats! Wow!

Marz said...

yay! I luv random posts. They are the best. Especially the last picture. P.S. Did your scholarship application get into the mail okay?

bazu said...

Oh my gosh, I totally understand. I have so many GRAND and AWESOME ideas for blogging, and somehow they're all piling up, and I never write as much of what I want to! Oh well, blogging isn't our jobs, so it's one area where we should relax and let the thoughts and words come as they may.

Oh! I've created a new section of links on my blog- feminist blogging and so far you are my first and only link- yay!

KleoPatra said...

Love the post. Great cat pic there. That's not retouched, PhotoShopped or morphed at all, is it? :o) Eyew, your psych prof sounds quite behind the times. Have you bought the car of your nightmares yet? I <3 my 2004 Scion xA... hope it lasts as long as my Toyota pickup (18 years, 249,000 miles). How's your week going so far?!