Tuesday, February 28, 2006

My job sucks and I'm going to eat some worms

No, eating worms would be cruel. Cruel to me, cruel to the worms and not terribly nice to my b/f who would have to deal with the inevitable consequences.

Oh boy. I have a case of the Mondays on a Tuesday. (sigh) Here's the deal. See, I have decided to not torture myself with the Hollywood acting game for a while. I'm tired of playing. I'm taking my ball and going home! Truth be told, I'm just sick of being the oldest girl at the audition and obsessiong over every piece of food I stick in my mouth. This is no way to live. So now I'm going to school and working. Yeah, 'cause that's easier. I'm actually really enjoying being back in school, though. I wish I could take more classes and get to my area of interest sooner, but that's my fault for not doing this when I was 18 like normal people. Nope, I just had to run off to NYC. Ah, youth.

Anyway, so I'm at work doing all this really demeaning crap and all I want to do is go home and study for my anthropology test or work on my essay on Frankenstein, or read the NY Times. It's very hard to find fulfillment in scanning documents, ordering lunch for the grand high muckity-mucks and general paper pushing that I do all day.

I must remember that there are lots of unemployed people who would love to have this job. There are lots of people who would love to have the opportunity to work full time and go to school full time. It wasn't so long ago that I wouldn't have been able to get an education simply because I'm a girl, right? Come to think of it, there are still many places where girls are not taught to read or encouraged to think about anything but children and taking care of their husbands. So I'm really pretty lucky. Yeah...that's the ticket!

I still don't want to deal with the inane tasks awaiting my attention upon my rather cluttered glass desk. I'd still much rather be ...oh let's face it, just about anywhere else but under these fluorescent lights in this soulless corporation.

Maybe I'll go to the zoo this weekend. Monkeys always cheer me up.

Or maybe I'll just hide in the couch for a few days until this feeling goes away.



No comments: